Homeowners sometimes forget that the home that they live in is their most valuable asset. How you maintain and keep it up will show at the end of the road. As time goes by homes become more and more valuable because new homes are getting more and more ridiculously expensive to build. In some cases new contruction is up to $150.00 per square foot to build a new home.
Some key elements of keeping your home in the best shape possible
1) Replace your roof every 15 years if you are placing fiberglass shingles on it.
The best roof that money can buy is a metal roof/ They will last up to 50 years. Where will you be in 50 years
2 Update the wiring in your house at least once every 15 years by a qualified insured and licensed electrician. Fires in homes are caused by old outdated wiring and the varments that mess with them in between your walls and in your attick.
3) Hire a honest and ethical home exterminator for bugs and pests to heep your home safe from termites and other home killers that can take over your home.
4) Every 10 years have a plumber come out and check your lines to be sure that they are sealed and steady. All it takes is one time of not being home and a broken water line and you have a disaster on your hands.
5) Keep heavy dense items off of your foundations. Cracks in foundation can cost upwards of 35000 to repair if the problem spreads. Keep heavy motors and other items off of the garage floor. Make sure you have your foundation sealed to preserve its integrity
6)Keep the siding on your home clean and the guttering on your home in good repair and open to drain excess water. Water backing up in your guttering will eventually case water damage and rot the edge of your roof off and then that is not a place to be when it happens. Replacing a 15,000..00 roof because someone didnt take 35 minutes once per year to clean guttering is a total waste of money. I would suggest putting a wire top on the guttering to keep debris out of it and the water flowing.
7) Your home must be painted at least once every 10 years. Not just painted bup scraped prepped and washed prior to putting on the new paint. If you want to keep your siding from going bad you have to preserve it on the inside of that paint
8) Make sure you have you septic tank pumped at least once every 3 years. NO MATTER WHAT. A backed up septic into your home can mean HUGE problems later. Most sewer disposal companies will come out and clean your tank for less then 500.00
9) Check the pump on your water well at least every 10 years, Keeping the electric wiring going down to it in good repair is crucial to it lasting. No leaving wires on top of the ground or running bare wires directly into the home or to the pump. Be sure they are preserved.
10) Keep weeds and plants back from your home. These items attract bugs and can damage the siding on your home. If you arent going to goo out at least 2 times per month to get rid of these weeds etc from your home be sure to contact a landscaper or yard service to do it. In the end black mold and many other issues can arise bt not protecting the siding on your home.
If you need help with any of these tasks we are the company to call.
Randy Dinwiddie CEO Jett Communications LLC
Jett Comm. LLC
Home Auto and business insurance
Copy Right 2017 Jett Agency LLC Reserved (314)580-3455
2017 All Rights Reserved Jett Agency LLC